BECOME IMMERSED IN THE WORLD OF DIGITAL CULTURAL HERITAGE TOURISM AND SEE HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED IN THIS MEGATREND!
Within the INSITES Massive Open Online Course you will to expand your knowledge around the area of digital cultural heritage tourism, learning how you can capitalise on this sector in innovative and exciting ways as it explores the powerful potential of digital technology to grow cultural heritage tourism in Europe.
ENGAGING YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE.
No matter if you are small tourism businesses, heritage community groups, custodians of a heritage site, cultural heritage professionals in the museum sector, tourism students, business support organisation or a regional development actor, this course has something which will hit the spot. What are you waiting for? Get started now!
START THE ONLINE COURSE TODAY
With a rapidly evolving digital world which permeates the lives of almost every age group, digital technology training for innovative approaches to cultural heritage development has never been more vital. Whether you are custodian, historian, site manager, or tourism business this course will help you to discover new and innovative ways to approach your marketing, business development and integrating digital technologies and methodologies which put you at the top of your game! Using an innovative, flexible and bite sized approach to online learning we will steer you in the correct direction.
This flexible online learning course aims to provide innovative learning materials on digital cultural heritage tourism across Europe. It is aimed at cultural heritage custodians who would like to learn more about digital immersive experiences in the heritage sector and how to develop them. By using bite sized modules, additional learning materials, videos and case studies, we hope you will find something you love to learn!
JOIN OUR PEER TO PEER LEARNING GROUP
Click below to join our peer to peer learning group on Facebook, where you can discuss relevant topics on the digitalisation of cultural heritage, share your own INSIGHTS and learn from other stakeholders!
- Learners are provided with an overview of immersive experiences and cultural tourism audiences they can build on in the rest of the course.
- Discover the changes in cultural heritage audiences, understand the key areas and potential for digitisation in their sector.
- Analyse the typical barriers that cultural heritage organisations face when implementing digital change and offer some potential solutions that can get you started on the path of digital innovation.
- Discover the main building blocks of immersive tourism experiences, both technological and creative. They are supported with tools and exercises that will show them the path to building their own experience.
- Outlines the characteristics of cultural heritage tourism audiences, particularly younger audiences.
- Explore the tools to understand and engage their own customers on a deeper level.
- Understand the role digital marketing has placed on the emphasis on digital storytelling and user generated content marketing. It explains how to develop an effective digital storytelling approach, media analysis and media strategy.
- Analyse the key categories of collaborators for a digital cultural heritage project and the main things to consider while developing digital cultural experiences, with four critical steps in designing a partnership.
- Avail of practical exercises to build a “Digital Cultural Heritage Immersive Action Plan” with a template resource for learners to design their immersive cultural tourism experience based on what they have learned, and make it actionable.
- Watch and Listen- open your eyes and ears to videos and podcasts which will help you to not only understand this industry better but to become inspired to dip your toes in.
- Assess your learning through our short quizzes and ensure you are getting the most from your learning journey.